We believe that every child deserves the best start in life. We recognise that some children and their families have more challenges to overcome than others.
We Can Together was formed to support families with young children in Derby to give them the opportunities that they deserve.
We will do this by
- Providing small group support to families with children who are not yet old enough to attend our nurseries.
- Providing family support to any of our families who just need a bit of extra support
- parenting advice and support from our family worker
- support with finances and your entitlements
- help with housing, food and other essentials
- support to access adult education
- Providing additional resources to ensure we are a fully inclusive setting for all our children
- specialised play equipment for children with additional needs
- a sensory room
- Providing wider opportunities for the children who attend our nurseries
- Yoga with a trained practitioner
- Time with and learning to care for our farm animals
- Learning to grow, harvest, prepare and eat produce in our gardens, at our allotment and with our chef in our on site kitchens.
- Learning a range of skills through forest school sessions with our trained forest school teachers
We are private company limited by guarantee. We are registered at Companies House and with the Charity Commission.
The objects of our charity are:
To advance the education of children attending Ashgate Nursery and Central Nursery school in particular by:
1) Developing effective relationships between the staff, parents and others associated with Ashgate Nursery and Central Nursery School
2) Providing facilities, equipment or grants of financial assistance not required to be provided by the Local Education Authority
Registered charity number: 1191071